The one-room Altbergthal School was constructed in 1904 and functioned as a public school until its closure in 1965. It then moved to the New Hope School property and served as a classroom until 1979. In 1982 the school was moved to Altona and operated as a museum until 2000.
Facing demolition, interested parties began meeting in 2010 to discuss saving and re-purposing the building. Two years later, the school was moved to the Neubergthal Commons, where it stands today.
In 2016 a heating system was installed, the building drywalled and painted, and old wainscoting replaced. The entire school house is now available yearlong.
The Altbergthal School was was moved from Altona to Neubergthal in October, 2012.